Friday, December 11, 2015

EOC Week 9: The Great Adventure

Sailing on the South Atlantic, I stumbled onto what appeared to be a very exotic and tropical land called Brazil. The locals were very indigenous and welcoming to me. They showed me their land and had me tasting their exotic food. One warm rainy humid night I stumbled in a nice cozy bar, the electricity this bar had was like any other. I knew this night would be a night I would not forget. The exotic music playing had me wanting to dance without rhyme and start to learn the native’s language. The beats were nothing I had heard before, the liquor was so contagious and just when I thought things couldn’t get any better, there she was the most exotic, exquisite woman I had ever laid my eyes on. Of course, to my surprise she had every man’s eye and interest on her. I had to come up with a plan and this should not be like any other Phileas’ adventure. This had to be the one; she had to be the one.
            Quickly on my feet, I did a couple of things. First, I examined her, her motions, her likes, how these other men approached her and what her reactions were. Then I saw she was drinking and her now drink was starting to be empty, I was listening to the music and the rythme, and waited for the right song. I played cool and calm and slithered my way to her making sure we made I contact long enough to know I was interested. Although, I didn’t approach her right away I waited a bit longer near her by the bar. She spoke in her native tongue but I would hear her speak to a few of the men in English. And the way her English mixed with her Brazilian accent had my heart racing. Just then a drunken fool was being to aggressive and making her feel uncomfortable and was going to lay his big fat sweaty greasy hand on her when I grabbed his arm and swung it away. In one quick swift move I gave him a right hook to the jaw and he stumbled still not going down, I gave him a jab and another mean left hook. He landed a right but I countered with a left right and had him laid out asleep on the floor.

            She ran to me with concerned eyes and asked me if I was alright, I looked at her and I asked her if she was okay. She took my tender hands and went behind the bar to retrieve ice. I ordered us a drink and we talked about the wonders of the world over these delicious sweet and spicy peanuts I have ever tasted. I asked her how they were made and she told me it was her family secret and now I get to each them not just with her but also with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment