Friday, October 30, 2015

EOC Week 1: My Voice

Like any other social network, I guess we have to share and let the viewer or reader know a little insight to the person that you are.
     For starts, my name is Mayra Martinez, I was born and raised in Southern California and now I am currently residing in Las Vegas, Nevada. Funny story as to how I got here, being unemployed for a little over a year, I took a shot and applied to a CraigsList job listing, which let me add I have never done anything like that, but within an hour I got the call that would change my current life a little bit. Being the first of my family to leave the state let alone a 10 mile radius from what I love to call home, I gathered my stuff and marched my rear end over to no other place then "Sin City" itself. It's have been the most awesome and challenging 17 months of my life and within those 17 months I decided to enroll into college and start my career in Photography. 
      My passion for photography started back in California where I took 3 years of High School photography. In my high school classes we did black and white 35 millimeter film photography, so we were really hands on. We learned how to reel, cut, calculate the concentration solutions for our photograph film/paper to develop and process our film. It was classic black and white photography that now I wish still existed and taught. I feel head first into photography and there was no looking back, but of course being that it was in High School it was never taught in the degree in which I am getting to learn now. Now it's a whole new world with the same concept but now it's in color and new technology then the Nikon FM10 that I was shooting with in high school. A new world as I mentioned with new technology and with an art that is easily dimensioning with people who think camera phones are the new "camera." 
       Starting and coming into college and having professors asking, "Well in what category of Photography would you like to say you are leaning into?"I cannot really say I want to be in this category in that, I believe a true photographer has a passion for all photography and excel in one category once they find their niche. I love capturing the true and candid moments in my shoots, the moments in which aren't planned or directed, to me the true essence of "living in the moment" or capturing those "moments". Moments in which are truly rare to see. 
       As a photographer I want to take that photograph that people say, "Wow, how did you capture the beautiful moment?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment