Friday, October 30, 2015

EOC Week 3: My Demographics

I'm a Millennial

Millennials are babies born between 1977 and 2000 and I am one of them. “One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.” Honestly and said to say, but this statement is true. I am one of the many if not all Millennials that rely so heavily on technology. There is not a day in which I use my smart phone to check the weather, social networks, FaceTime, so on and so forth. I wish we didn’t rely on it so much because we got so accustom on using it I feel as if we cannot think on our own without it. We have been the generation that flourished with the concepts of growing up with digital technology that we have given the new generation new standards on doing things. For example, our generation still new about newspaper, or should I say we still held them. We answered landlines as to our next generation do not even know yet seen a “house” telephone. “A recent study found that 91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users.” I hate to say again but this statement is true. Whether it be at school, at work or sitting in traffic on your smartphone. Millennials are constantly online surfing the web or on social networks.

                I hate to agree with some of the comments from the textbook but they are pretty accurate. We Millennials are technology hungry and savvy humans. We stand in lines waiting for the next big thing, and complain when nothing new is created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment