Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 3 EOC: Making Money and doing Good

   Companies like Toms as we learned class giving making money and sharing their profits to charity is not just humanly great but also very heart warming. Another company that I have read about that gives back is The Chronicle of Philanthropy, they are focusing their charities to environmental programs. According the Forbes it stated in their November 13th, 2012, article that "The environmental programs the company funds include an initiative to plant 10 million trees around the world between 2010 and 2020." I don't see a lot of companies giving back to our environment as much as we take from it. Planting 10 million trees probably won’t be much but this is one company if we had  a 100 companies doing the same thing, be could rebuild a better world not just for us but for our children’s children. The Chronicle of Philanthropy doing what it does best and sharing the word of many non-profits also takes the time to do its deed and give back to their community every day. I hope to one day have a company of my own so I can do my own charitable work.

No comments:

Post a Comment